HAMBURG & THE ELBPHILHARMONIE + LUEBECK - 28/09-02/10/2019
A 5 days guided tour to discover the rarefied charm of the Hanseatic cities: Hamburg and Lübeck, from September 28th to October 2nd 2019.
An opportunity not to be missed to admire the Hamburg's spectacular Elbphilharmonie, to be part of a concert dedicated to Berlioz, Martucci and Mendelssohn Bartholdy, conducted by Ariane Matiakh. An evening to live at the Staatsoper with Ariadne auf Naxos by Richard Strauss conducted by Kent Nagano
Starting From: € 990,00/per personInfo Request
- Arrival in Hamburg by own means
- Accomodation at 4* Hotel Renaissance, in the center of Hamburg, five minute by food from the Alster river and the famous City Hall.
Large and elegant structure, furnished in a modern and comfortable way. Rooms classically furnished with excellent standards of comfort. Fitness center and sauna available to guests
- Free Dinner
- Guided Tour of Hamburg
A walk to show you the topographic, historical and architectural aspects of the city. In the history of Hamburg, as a commercial emporium, the interests of the merchants determined both patrician politics and everyday life of citizens. The town hall is decorated with twenty statues of emperors and civic coats of arms of other Hanseatic cities, a recall to the history of a city founded in the marshes twelve hundred years ago. Indeed Hamburg meant in the language of the Saxons "Castle in the river marshland". Today the building hosts the Government and Parliament of the City-State.
The nearby Stock Exchange building,completed in 1841, used today by the Chamber of Commerce, dates back to the 16th century, when the Hanseatic merchants shifted their interest to the Atlantic. The central square is bordered by a passage with arches along the Alster river and recalls the idea of Hamburg as a "Venice of the North".
- Free Lunch
- At 3 pm - Opera at Ariadne auf Naxos by Richard Strauss at the Staatsoper Hamburg - Conductor: Kent Nagano
- Free Dinner
- Guided visit dedicated to the Speicherstadt - city of warehouses - and the Hafen City. Hamburg was born around the Fortress erected by Charlemagne in 808 as defence against the Slavs, and around to which developed its original nucleus, the Altstadt. The maritime development and its mercantile fortune was favoured by the exemption from customs duties wanted by Federico Barbarossa and by the birth of harbour which - although far from the sea - is accessible to large ships and represents a very important port of call for West Germany. The prosperity of Hamburg grew gradually over the years, and gre stronger in 1241 when the city tightened a commercial treaty with Lubeck maintaining the trading monopoly in most of Northern Europe.
Today Hamburg continues to be a very important commercial center, but at the same time it is a city full of charm and elegance. It is a living cultural district, a metropolis on the water, where past and present pleasantly coexist, where the numerous traces of the past merge with the magnificent experiments of the most innovative architecture.
- Free Lunch
- Mini-Cruise by boat in the Harbor area.
- Return to the hotel
- At 8 pm - Concert at the Elbphilharmonie with: Philharmonisches Staatsorchester Hamburg/Clémentine Margaine/Ariane Matiakh
- Transfer by coach to Lübeck
- Guided Tour of the city: Lübeck was founded in 1143 and for centuries was the main city of the Hanseatic League, symbol of freedom, justice and Welfare. The historic center is entirely surrounded by water with a lively history, over 1,000 years long, and since 1987 it is protected by UNESCO. Here the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings, the streets and alleys, the churches and convents, bourgeois houses and fortifications form an extraordinary whole, in which stand out Marienkirche - true gem of the Baltic Gothic - the Town Hall, the Cathedral, the Jakobikirche, the hospice of the Holy Spirit. And of course the famous Holstentor, the door of access to the city dating back to the 15th century, symbol of the power and pride of the "queen of the League Hanseatic".
- Free Lunch
- Return to Hamburg
- Free dinner
- Return to Italy
- 4 nights in 4* Hotel Renaissance in Hamburg, double room in BB Basis
- Visit and Guided tours in Italian
- Transfer by Bus or private transfer where needed
- Mini-Cruise by boat in the Harbor area
- 1 Ticket for the concert at the Elbphilharmonie - Cat 1
- 1 Ticket in 3rd or 4th Category in Parterre - Ariadne auf Naxos Staatsoper Hamburg
- Medical and baggage insurance
Starting from: € 990,00/per personInfo Request
PROPOSAL DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Flight from/to Italy
- Transfer aiport/hotel/airport
- Meals and tips
- Extras and everything not mentioned under "Proposal Includes"
- Flight booking assistance
- Travel cancellation insurance