La Fanciulla del West - Stockholm Group Tour
VenueRoyal Opera House
CountryOther Country Sweden
04 June 2020
Pricefrom € 1360,00
Discover the exclusive group proposal to enjoy a wonderful journey to explore Stockholm, the Venice of the North. During the tour you will have the chance to attend "La Fanciulla del West" by Puccini at the Royal Opera House. Enjoy the live!
DAY 1 - 3 June
Arrival at Arlanda Airport, bus transfer (circa 45 kilometers) to the hotel in central Stockholm (HOTEL FREYS, VERY CENTRALLY LOCATED AND AT WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE OPERA HOUSE). Check in, welcome dinner in the evening, typical Swedish cuisine
DAY 2 - 4 June
Breakfast. 9.30 o’clock: Guided tour by bus in Stockholm. Appr. at 12 o’clock: Visit in the Wasa Museum with the unique warship that sunk on its first trip 1628, only 1300 meters from the harbour. Thanks to the brackish water the ship was preserved almost intact, and it was found 1961. Now it is one of the most important attractions in Sweden. Lunch at the museum, typical Swedish food. After lunch, back to the hotel by ferry boat. Free time in the afternoon. At 19.00: you will attend the opera “La Fanciulla del West” by Giacomo Puccini at the Royal Opera House - Tickets in parterre, 1st category
DAY 3 - 5 June
Breakfast. At 9.30, walk to Stadshuset, the City Hall of Stoccolma. Clearly, the architect Ragnar Östberg was inspired by the Palazzo dei Doghi di Venezia and by the famous mosaic works in Italy. We will have a guided tour inside the city hall, including the Blue Hall (it’s not blue at all) where the Nobel Prize Banquet is held every year, and the Golden Hall with its 18,5 millions mosaic pieces.
After this, one hour’s boat trip with lunch on board to Drottningholm. This is not only a UNESCO World Heritage but also the home of the Swedish king Carl XVI Gustaf and queen Silvia, who choosed to live there after the birth of the 3 children. We will have a guided tour inside the world famous Drottningholm Theatre from 1766. The theatre is one of the few in the world with an original stage machinery.
After this visit, transport with bus to Stockholm. It takes one hour to get back, arrival at the hotel at appr. 16.30 – 17.00. Evening free or eventual farewell dinner.
DAY 4 - 6 June
Either one more day in Stockholm (departure on June 7th) or departure back
Option for a 4th day in Stockholm: In the footsteps of Gustaf III, the original protagonist of Giuseppe Verdi’s opera Un ballo a maschere, murded at the Royal Opera in 1792. Breakfast. Walk to the Royal Opera, guided tour there. The actual Opera House is from 1898, but inside there is a cabinet from the Gustavian opera house. Coffee break, and then visit in the Royal Armoury with its “relics” from the evening when the king was shot. It’s an interesting museum where you learn a lot of Swedish history. Free time in the afternoon.Farewell dinner in the evening.
INCLUDED IN OUR PACKAGES
- 1 Ticket for the Opera La Fanciulla del West
- 3 overnights at Hotel Freys in Stockholm with breakfast
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner with 2/3 glasses of wine
- Transfer from/ to the airport plus bus transfers mentioned in the programme
- Guided tour in Stoccolma
- Visit of the Was Museum, of the City Hall, of the historical theatre Drottningholm
- Net rate per person in double room - breakfast included: € 1360,00
- Supplement for extra day per person in double room - breakfast included: € 240,00
- Supplement in double room single use per person, breakfast included: on request
- Once confirmed tickets are not refundable
- In case of strike announced by Theatre management and/or in the case of 'Force Majeure' (earthquake, natural disaster or a performer illness), Enjoylive Travel shall not be held responsible for the event cancellation and will refund only the face value of the tickets.
Music: Giacomo Puccini
Conductor: Alan Gilbert
Direction: Christoph Loy
Cast: Malin Byström/Andrea Carè/Aleksey Bogdanov
It is possible to combine different tickets with different hotels on request